Policies & Frequently Asked Questions
You and your pet are important to us. Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming Salon Will take every precaution possible to ensure your pet has a safe and enjoyable experience. Due to the unpredictable behavior of animals, situations arise that are unexpected.
• I understand that sharp tools are used during the grooming process and if my pet is wiggly or does not remain still I do not hold Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming owners or operators liable for any accidents can happen due to my pets behavior such as but not limited to nicks from clippers or scissors.
• I understand grooming can expose hidden medical conditions. Occasionally, grooming can expose a hidden medical problem or aggravate a current one. This can occur during or after grooming.
• I understand that senior pets (age 7 or higher) may have a greater chance of injury.
• I understand that Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming owners and operators will practice Humanity before Vanity and will not be held liable for clipper and brush irritation which could be the result of the neglect of my pets coat prior to grooming.
• I acknowledge that severely tangled and/or matted pets, have a greater risk of injury, stress and trauma. All precautions will be taken. However, problems occasionally arise, during or after grooming, such as nicks, clipper irritation, and mental or physical stress.
• I understand that due to the nature of pet grooming all quoted prices prior to actually grooming my pet are only estimates. Final price will depend on the temperament of each pet and the condition of its coat. Upon physical inspection of my pet by the groomer a good faith estimated price will be provided. Extra charges may apply for pets that are matted and/or difficult to manage.
• I understand that Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming has the right to refuse service to me and my pet at any time for any reason.
• I understand that if my pet has a history of aggression or biting, Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming reserves the right to refuse service and all bites will be reported to the local authorities as required by law.
• I understand that Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming groomers may use a muzzle and / or leash. • I understand that I am liable for any medical care expenses and damages that result from injuries caused by my pet.
• I expressly waive and relinquish any and all claims against Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming, its staff, its groomers and representatives, except for those arising from negligence on the part of Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming.
• I have disclosed to Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming all known dangers associated with my pet. • I expressly understand and agree that Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming shall not be held responsible for any damage to my property.
• I understand that under no circumstances will Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming be liable for consequential damages or damages.
• If any medical problems develop while my pet is in the care of Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming, I authorize Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming to do whatever is necessary for the safety, health and well being of my pet. Further I assume full financial responsibility for any and all expenses incurred.
• I hereby declare to Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming that I am the legal owner of my pet; that my pet has not been exposed to any infectious illness within the last (30) thirty days; that my pet has been properly inoculated for the following vaccinations: Rabies, Distemper, Parvovirus, Leptospirosis and Bordetella as well as a negative fecal exam within the last year; that my pet is currently and properly licensed; I certify the information I have provided to be true and accurate; and I (the owner) have read this agreement in it’s entirety.
• I consent that Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming may take pictures of my pet, before and after grooming. Photos may be utilized for Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming website, social media and/or advertising purposes at Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming discretion. If you would not like photos to be taken, you need to let Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming know prior to the appointment.
• I understand that if I cancel an appointment within 24 hours of the arranged time, that I am liable for the full groom amount (not including travel fee).
• I understand that some grooming services may be stopped mid groom due to unforeseen circumstances related the dogs condition or behavior. Full fees are still in effect.
• I understand that for the safety of my pet, the door to the mobile grooming van must remain locked during the grooming session. For the safety of the pet, Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming ask to not be disturbed. Disturbing the groom process could result in injury.
• Hold Harmless Agreement: By agreeing to bookings you (or your Agent) agree to hold Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming, it’s owners and operators harmless from any damage, loss, or claim arising from any condition of the undersigned pet, either known or unknown to Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming. It is also further understood and agreed the terms of this agreement can change at any time, without notice, and will overwrite any and all prior signed contracts or releases. It is further understood this clause applies to any and all pets groomed.
I have read and agree to the policies of Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming. I hold Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming Management and Staff harmless in the event of any injury to my pets and am fully aware of the risks of grooming.
• I understand that Appointment time slots are approximate. Appointments may be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather conditions, mechanical malfunctions, traffic, or extended grooming times of an earlier appointment. In such cases, we will call as soon as possible to inform you of the time adjustment.
• I agree to have my pet ready for the groomer upon arrival.
By Accepting any bookings from Uptown Pets Mobile Grooming, you agree to all of these policies.
YIt is professional grooming self-contained in a custom van that arrives at your door to take care of your pet’s grooming needs. Mobile pet grooming is preferred by most of today’s busy pet owners. The convenience for you and the exclusive attention for your pet make it desirable to use a mobile grooming service. Our mobile salon is completely equipped to afford you the utmost in service. The generator furnishes electricity to the dryer, table, clippers, A/C, vacuum, lights and more! A hot water heater ensures the perfect bath temperature and a therapeutic bathing system cleans and soothes your pet.
– Door-to-door Service – All About Pets’s state-of -the-art, custom designed van comes conveniently to your door! – Convenience – You can stay home, no more driving in unpredictable traffic with an anxious pet in the car and . – Less Hassle – No more rearranging your whole day around dropping off and picking up your pet. – Professionalism – Your dog is given the groomer’s undivided time and attention. – Less Stress – More familiar, quiet setting reduces stress for your pet, especially for those with separation anxieties, no other pets , no cages , faster service. – Cleanliness – Your pet is the only animal in the salon at the time, preventing contamination from other animals, disease, insects and parasites. – No Car Sickness – No more car-sick pets and mess on the way to (and from) the salon. – Safety – No crates or crate-drying and no other dogs. – Flexibility – Day, evening, and weekend appointments available. We work with your schedule. – Quicker Service – Your pet is groomed from start to finish at the time of your appointment, usually in one hour or less!
Nope! Our van is fully equipped with a generator for electricity and a 70 gallon fresh water reservoir. A separate 70 gallon tank holds our dirty (but entirely biodegradeable) soapy water, which we empty back at our office.
Typically anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour. Times are based on the size of the pet, coat condition, hair length, etc. (very hairy and/or large dogs understandably take longer)
Yes, the van holds 70 gallons of fresh, heated water.
The point is that stylists would love to have you watch them, but dogs become very excited having their owners see them that they can run the risk of being injured. Groomers use many sharp tools while styling and pets that move around on the grooming table are at a higher risk of being wrongly cut. DO NOT be offended if your groomer informs you that you or your children can not be in the van or standing outside the window. It is only done for the safety of your beloved pet. If you HAVE to come to the van for something please remember to come over and knock quietly so as not to startle the pet or the groomer. Doors opening or closing and voices can excite animals’ at the most inopportune time. PLEASE never, ever open the door of the van while a pet is inside. This could result in an animal escaping and possibly being injured.
We recommend every 2 to 6 weeks. Weekly appointments are also available.
Nope! We use very mild, hypoallergenic and medicated shampoos and conditioners that are safe to be used once a week. In fact, most veterinarians recommend dogs be washed at least once a week with a medicated shampoo if they have skin or coat problems.
We’ll be happy to use any preferred pet-safe or veterinarian prescribed shampoo, as long as it is designed for and safe to use on pets.
We can usually book your appointment within days . However there are times during the year which become very busy and it is recommended to schedule as far as 1 or 2 weeks ahead by using our online booking system on our web site or by giving us a call.
People will often ask us, why did we get into pet grooming? Pet grooming is our joy and passion. We could be pet grooming while sleeping! We like to hire groomers who think the same. We are strict on the quality of our groomers. In Houston we understand there’s a lot of competition and other pet spa, daycare and pooch salon companies that are competing for your business. We are striving to set the bar in pet grooming, dog grooming, cat grooming, pet spa, and pooch salon companies. All groomers are different and we recognize that. Our groomers have groomed dogs and cats for years. Long haired, short hair, clipped nails bathed and washed pets for years. Our standards are extremely high. If you’re not satisfied with your groom, your groomer, or your pet spa and salon experience please let us know and we’ll correct it right away.